If you are vegan or vegetarian, you've probably heard of all the good that aquafaba brings to your diet, but you might not know that it could also become your new skincare best friend! and If you are new to aquafaba, you've come to the right place!
Let's start by saying what aquafaba really is, it is the liquid that you find in chickpeas cans or the liquid that is left after you've boiled the chickpeas, yes, it is that simple.
Aquafaba is the perfect egg white replaces as it shares many properties, if you whip it, it'll end up with the same texture as whipped egg whites, you can make mayonnaise, add it you your mousse or pancakes for some extra fluff and well, it can also tighten your pores and even your skin tone!
Benefits of aquafaba for your skin
It tightens your pores, evens your skin tone and helps heal acne. This recipe also includes tea tree essential oil as a natural antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-fungal and lemon juice to help get rid of pimples and blackheads.
Homemade vegan aquafaba face mask to tone your skin
- Aquafaba about half a cup
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil
- Whip the aquafaba with a mixer for five minutes or until you get a mousse-like texture.
- Add the other ingredients and stir well.
- Apply it to your face until it's dry.
- Rinse, moisturize and enjoy!