Take a look at these super healthy and easy recipes you can make at home!
Quinoa went from being a fundamental food in the diet of humble Andean families to being unable to afford it and becoming only present on the menus of rich countries. It is a cereal very rich in proteins and amino acids, delicious for autumn days. T
1- Vegan pumpkin quinoa risotto
This recipe is simple, tasty, and full of energy. Let's see!
What do you need?
- 1 and 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 slices of pumpkin
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion
- Salt and pepper
Recipe: Chop the onion finely and fry in a frying pan with oil. Add the pumpkin cut into cubes, then the quinoa and the stock. Season and cook uncovered until quinoa is tender.
2- Plant-based Thai Quinoa with Vegetables
This delicious recipe combines the benefits of quinoa with the flavor of Thai food, an unprecedented vegan combination.
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 3 bell peppers
- 350 grams of fresh green beans
- 450 grams of extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp of fresh ginger (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of red curry paste
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce (reduced)
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add all the ingredients except quinoa and soy sauce, and stir fry for 5-8 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the soy sauce and quinoa in a bowl and set aside.
- When the tofu and vegetables are tender, add the quinoa and sauce mixture to the pan, mix well, and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Top with black pepper and sesame seeds and serve.
3- Quinoa curry salad
This main dish is a really complete fresh and flavorsome salad. Also, it's super easy to make!
- 1 y 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large carrot
- 1 avocado
- cauliflower and broccoli to taste
- cashew nuts to taste
- 3 tbsp of curry
- salt, pepper, and oil to taste
- Rinse the quinoa until you see no foam.
- In a medium pot, boil 3 cups of water add a pinch of salt and the quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes and reserve.
- Stir fry the onions and garlic in a wok or a frying pan and then add the carrot, cauliflower, and broccoli and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, salt and pepper to taste, and the curry.
- Serve with avocado and cashew nuts.