Vegan, easy to make, budget-friendly, and loaded with a lot of proteins. What else do you need?
Looking for plant-based easy to prepare brunch? Here's the answer. This vegan oatmeal recipe is delicious and offers more protein than many of their non-vegan breakfast counterparts.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup soy milk I like to use organic + unsweetened
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 pinch kosher salt optional
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract, cinnamon, or both optional
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup frozen berries
- ½ banana (or any fruit you like)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- maple syrup to taste optional
- Bring the water and soy milk to a boil. Once boiling, add the oats, reduce the heat to medium, and add in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the oats are simmering, you can add the frozen berries to small sauce pan along with a splash of water and sometimes a dash of maple syrup too.
- Warm the berries on medium heat until thy're plump and have released thier colorful juices (about 5 mins)
- Transfer the oatmeal to a bowl and pour the warmed berries and all of the berry juice in the pan on top of the oats.
- Top with banana slices, peanut butter, and maple syrup.