If you want to indulge in some super tasty breakfast this weekend, search no more: These are the perfect pancakes for a Saturday morning and I'll tell you why.
Let me paint you a picture: You wake up, the weekend has just started, and it's early morning, then you are craving some comfort food for breakfast. I've got the answer I promise these are the perfect pancakes for a Saturday morning. Why? Because it´s fluffy, vegan, gluten-free and super tasty. On top of that, it is super easy to make and you can prepare it with things you probably have at home!
(for 4 servings)
- 1 cup of tofu
- 1 cup chocolate oat milk or any other vegetable milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract - or your extract of choice
- 1¼ cups gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- Vegetable oil
- Toss the tofu, chocolate oat milk, 1½ bananas, the brown sugar, and the vanilla -or lemon juice- in a blender process until it's smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the other dry ingredients and once it's well blended, stir in the quinoa.
- In a hot pan add 2 tablespoons oil or vegan butter and place ½ cup of the pancake batter per pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, about 2 minutes, flip and cook the other side.
- Sautee the rest of the bananas in slices and place them on top.
That's it! you can add maple syrup, sugar or any other ingredient you want and enjoy your lazy morning!