Cornbread makes the perfect side dish for chili, any type of soup, roasted veggies, and baked beans, the list is actually endless! If you are looking to level it up, you can try a gluten-free recipe that only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Most cornbread recipes combine wheat flour with cornmeal but making a small change can make your recipe much healthier.
Cornmeal has no gluten and it also provides lots of dietary fiber, iron, and phosphorus. Iron is essential for your red blood cells, phosphorus is important to build bone tissue and fiber improves your gut health and makes you feel full, thus it also promotes weight loss.
Super simple gluten-free cornbread
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- ½ cup vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 cup vegetable milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4cup sugar
- 2 cup cornmeal
- a pinch of salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the vegetable milk, oil, and eggs.
- Slowly incorporate the wet mixture into your dry ingredients until you get a smooth texture and stir in the corn.
- Transfer the batter to a greased loaf pan or any other mold you'd like to use, and bake until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes clean. Let it cool, and enjoy!