You don't need to say goodbye to your favorite tuna sandwich, you can in fact, prepare it in the same amount of time it would take to open a can of tuna.
I used to love tuna sandwiches or salads. I would only open a can of tuna, mix it with a little bit of mayo, and voilá my lunch! But since I decided to cut down on meat, I stopped doing so.
Now, you can prepare a very similar dish, also by opening a can! Here's what you'll need:
Super easy vegan tuna substitute (in 5 minutes!)
- A can of chickpeas
- 1 Nori Sheet
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Half a red onion, chopped
- Salt, garlic powder, and pepper to taste
- The recipe is pretty straightforward. Just drain the can of chickpeas, and place them in a bowl.
- Mash the chickpeas a bit and add all the remaining elements. Make sure to cut the nori sheet into small pieces -this is the ingredient that will give the recipe a fishy flavor.
- Use the mixture for sandwiches, as a spread, or in salads!
Chickpeas are not only super tasty, but they are also relatively low in calories, they are a great source of protein, they are low on the glycemic index and help you lose weight, control blood sugar levels and prevent constipation.