Peppers are the perfect addition to your diet, not only are they delicious, but they are also packed with nutrients. Try this roasted red pepper sauce and you won't regret it.
Roasted red peppers are aromatic, sweet, and pair3ed with some cashews you'll get the perfect creamy texture but dairy-free. Red peppers are rich in antioxidants and they are a great alternative to tomato sauces. Also, the recipe is super simple and low in calories!
Roasted red pepper sauce
- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, soaked
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the garlic cloves, chopped onion, cashews and sliced bell papers in a baking sheet to roast for about 25 minutes.
- Once all the ingredients are roasted, remove them from the oven and use a bowl to blend all the ingredients until you get a creamy paste.
- Cook your pasta of choice based on the instructions given in the package, drain, and save ½ cup of the water.
- Use a large saucepan and sautée the pasta with 2 spoonfuls of olive oil, add the sauce and some of the water you used to boil the pasta.
- Serve with some vegan parmesan and red pepper flakes. Enjoy your pasta!!