Cream makes all meals better, toss a few pieces of fruit and a spoonful of whipped cream, or top some pancakes with cream and cranberries and you've got the recipe for success. This recipe is the perfect dupe for whipped cream.
It is difficult to find a vegan substitute for whipped cream that has a similar fluffy and creamy texture, yet is not packed with preservatives and chemicals. This recipe does away with artificial ingredients and it is still super rich and flavorful and dairy-free.
How to make vegan whipped cream
- 1 can of coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Let the coconut cream or milk chill in the refrigerator for a night so it hardens.
- In a bowl, pour the coconut cream trying not to pour any of the liquid at the bottom of the can.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, and beat for about 10 minutes with a hand mixer.
Don't let the coconut cream stay for too long outside the refrigerator so it maintains it's texture! and you can use it in all the recipes you would use dairy cream!