If you are on a totally plant-based diet, it is important to take into account what nutrients you need to include. Proteins are essential for all bodily functions. Prepare this vegan smoothie and don't worry about not getting your daily dose of proteins.
There are several benefits for those who follow a well-balanced vegan diet, but balance is key to staying healthy. Minerals such as iron are usually better absorbed when they come from animal sources, this does not mean that there aren't ways to make up for iron in a vegan diet. The same goes for protein, think of proteins as the building blocks of tissues and muscles in your body and it is important to get your daily dose of proteins if you don't want to suffer from protein deficiency.
Get your daily dose of proteins with this vegan smoothie
This recipe features antioxidant-packed kale, peanut butter–a great source of protein, healthy fats and fiber to keep you full–, and protein powder. If you are not quite sure what type of protein powder to choose, do some research first, there are plenty of vegan options on the market.
- 1 spoonful of protein powder (choose your favorite vegan flavor)
- a handful of kale
- 1 cup vegetable milk of your choice
- 1 frozen banana – it gives the smooth the perfect texture.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Just blend all the ingredients with a hand mixer or a blender until you get a smooth ice cream-like texture.
- You are ready to enjoy a protein-packed smoothie!