Gravy goes well with everything, from roasted veggies to bruschettas, and of course, its long-term friend, the classic mashed potatoes. This recipe only features 5 ingredients and it's super simple to prepare.
This 5-Ingredient vegan mushroom gravy should be one of your next sauces to add to your repertoire. It is prepared in about 10 minutes and I promise you won't miss any plant-based ingredients at all.
5-Ingredient vegan mushroom gravy
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons flour
Salt, pepper, and your choice of herbs (rosemary or sage, or both)
1. In a saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Sautee the onions together with the herbs and seasoning until they are soft.
3. Once the ingredients are soft, add the vegetable stock, and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and use a hand mixer to process until well blended.
5. You are ready to enjoy your gravy!