Ok, there are several store-bought vegan mayonnaise options, but there is nothing like making your own food! This recipe is so easy that you won't ever buy mayo again!
This recipe is the kind of recipe that non-vegan people absolutely love. I remember taking some aquafaba mayo to the office and everyone ended up eating it – every time I did. So get your mixer and let's start preparing it.
This mayo is based on aquafaba, if you have never heard of it, you should definitely use it. It makes the perfect egg replacement, it is totally free and it has the perfect texture. Aquafaba is a viscous liquid that you get when cooking or opening a can of chickpeas. Don't ever throw it!
4-Ingredient vegan aquafaba mayo (in 2 minutes!)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil,–I use sunflower oil, but you can definitely use olive, for a more aromatic mayo.
- ½ cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- salt, to taste
- Use a bowl or a container to place the aquafaba together with the oil.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and start incorporating the oil while you are blending all the ingredients. It will take some time to emulsify, the trick is to continue adding oil gradually withe the blender is going at a slow speed.
- Once the ingredients have emulsified, you can turn off your mixer.
- It is perfectly fine to store the aquafaba mayo for up to a week in the refrigerator!