Miranda Kerr is the definition of a supermodel and businesswoman. She reached many a milestone in her career and life: Victoria’s Secret Angel, founder of Kora organics, mother of three. Miranda is also the poster girl for wellness. No matter how busy, she always finds time for self-care, be it skincare, exercise or making healthy meals.
Miranda has also been hosting a series of chats on Instagram. Called Wellness Wednesdays, the series focuses on health practices and also includes interviews with experts.
In her Instagram post launching the event, Kerr wrote,
I’m excited to share with you some of the practices and tools that have personally helped me throughout my wellness journey. Each week will feature a different guest and practice that we can easily do at home together.”
In one of the episodes, Miranda bakes a batch of vegan cookies. And they look absolutely delicious. All the ingredients are super healthy and the cookies deficiently look like the type of snack we can get on board with.
Oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies recipe
Servings: 8 cookies
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 light brown sugar (or 1/2 cup maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small or 1/2 large (about 1/2 cup) ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chip (or cranberries)
1. Toss the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small recipient and mix.
2. In another bowl, combine the coconut oil and brown sugar and banana until blended and creamy, then add vanilla and mix.
3. Place half of the dry ingredients into the wet and mix, then add the other half and whisk until you achieve a texture similar to crumbs.
4. Pour in the water and use your hands until you can form the dough.
5. Now, just add chocolate chips (or cranberries) and place the dough in the refrigerator to chill.
6. Shape the dough to form a cookie and bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes or until they are brown.
You may also like this article!