Actor Ryan Reynolds had to train very hard to get great abs for the movie "Deadpool 2".
Don Saladino, is Ryan Reynolds' personal trainer. They both trained together with high intensity cardiovascular exercises.
"I can tell you that Ryan is in the best shape of his life right now. He's getting better results than he saw years ago, and he doesn't leave the gym feeling exhausted.
Those results are thanks to a new personalized program from Saladino, which he has shown on his Instagram.
Don Saladino’s Deadpool 2 Ab Workout
- Hanging Leg Raise: 8 reps (4 sets)
- Cable Crunch: 12 reps (4 sets)
- Landmine: 10 reps (4 sets)
- Up/Down Carry: 25 meters (4 sets)
- Reverse Crunch (with lift): 12 reps (4 sets)
- Ab Roller: 12 reps (4 sets)
- Heavy Loaded Carry: 40 meters (4 sets)
- Short Side Plank: 60 seconds (4 sets)
"I love that Ryan does reverse abdominals because his lower back is held in place by his body weight and that forces him to pull on his lower abdomen. If he were to turn around and do a traditional crunch, he would be deflecting his spine and would be at great risk of injury.
Although the goal was for the actor to get great abs, Ryan Reynolds' personal trainer kept a routine with time to rest.
"The undeniable fact is that abs are one of the first muscle groups that people look for to see if someone is in shape. There's a lot of temptation to overtrain them.