The actor had to undergo a very hard training routine to get a toned and strong body.
After starring in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, John Boyega decided that his character would have to be in better shape for the rigors of the saga in the future. So he called in a renowned personal trainer, Corey Calliet.
Corey Calliet was Michael B. Jordan's personal trainer for the movie "Creed". The trainer is known for his tough workout routines.
Calliet told how John Boyega's physical progress was after a time of training together.
"John had never lifted weights like that before. He had muscles he never had before. I was very impressed."
These are some of the exercises that the actor kept up:
- He started every day on a treadmill for 15 minutes on a 7.0 incline.
- Four sets of 20 bench presses, with eight to 12 push-ups between each set.
- Four sets of 20 assisted pull-ups
- Four sets of 20 lat-pull down
- Cardio stairs and running at high speeds on a 20-yard football field.
The actor improved his muscle mass a lot in a short time. However, in addition to good training, John Boyega was eating healthy, which helped him develop his muscles.