If you are like me and you find it difficult to get up in the morning, you can try starting your day with a little workout without getting up! It has worked wonders for me!
How many times have you found yourself wasting the first minutes of your day staring at your phone? Let’s face it, we all do it. What if I told you could actually make every minute of your morning count? Instead of spending the first half-hour of your day scrolling on your phone –and being exposed to blue light in the early morning– you can try doing some exercise while staying horizontal. So roll up your pajama sleeves and get ready to sweat –a little bit!
- Lie on your back, with your arms along your sides and your palms facing down, bend your knees –your heels should be close to your butt.
- Squeeze your glutes and lift your hips using your heels, arms and upper back as a support to form a straight line with your body.
- Return to the start position gently and repeat.
This exercise is great to tone your abs, thighs and glutes.
- Lie on one side and use your arm and forearm for stability –your elbow should be under your shoulder and your forearm pointing away from you.
- Your legs and feet should be stacked on top of each other.
- Now lift your hips and support your weight on your elbow and the side of your right foot.
- Hold the position for 15-60 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
This exercise is amazing to exercise muscles in your hips, core and shoulders. On top of that, it improves your balance and strengthens all your core without stressing your back.
- Lie on your bed face-up with your knees bent at 90° and your feet on the floor.
- Your arms should be along the sides of your body and your palms should face down.
- Lift your feet off the ground and raise your thighs until they are vertical, your hips and lower back should lift off your bed.
- Hold the position for a couple of seconds and lower your feet until they touch the bed again. Repeat!
Reverse crunches are great to tone your abs, it takes the strain off your neck and it’s less stressful on your back than crunches.
Straight leg lifts
- Lie on your back, your legs should be straight and your toes should point at the ceiling.
- Lift one leg to 45 degrees –old it for a second and lower your leg.
- Now repeat alternating legs.
This exercise will tone your core and quadriceps!
I’ve been following this routine for a couple of weeks and I feel much much more energetic and in a better mood when I wake up, give it a try and see if you like it!
You may also like this article!