Though he spent most of his time on camera, covering major sports events, Nick’s life-long dream was to become a sports columnist. Today, Nick researches and covers workout routines, exercise-related tips and tricks and sports diets. In need of an effective training routine? Look no further than Nick’s articles.+ info
Jump roping not only brings great benefits to your body and health, but it is also an economic activity that you can do anywhere. And it does not take up space!
During 2020, we were forced to do much of our daily routines at home. Many of them had to be modified or directly replaced by others since space, smaller and more uncomfortable, did not allow us to carry them out.
Jump roping is an activity that does not present great complications. First of all, because the rope can be stored anywhere, that is, it does not take up space. Second, because it is an inexpensive object, which can even be improvised. And, thirdly, because it puts the whole body in motion, helps oxidize fat, works the legs, and improves power, concentration and speed.
Jump roping benefits
1. Burns calories: although the caloric expenditure depends on the sex, height, weight, and heart rate of each person, it is estimated that about 12 calories per minute can be burned.
2. Tones the body: jump roping is proven to help build muscle mass.
3. Improves concentration and coordination: in each jump, we must test our reflexes, coordination, and keep our mind focused.
4. Provides muscular endurance: as it is a continuous aerobic exercise, over time we gain muscular endurance, which will be reflected in any other sport or physical activity that you do.
5. Increase power: like any plyometric exercise, when you perform explosive jumps you will be able to gain strength and speed in your leg muscles. If you are interested in running, playing basketball, or any activity that requires power, jump roping is the solution.