What benefits does practicing Reiki bring me? Let's see!
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing and maintaining wellbeing. The most common form of Reiki practiced today was created by Dr. Mikao Usui in the early 20th century and it's also known as Usui Reiki.
Reiki believes in channeling and transmitting life energy through the hands. In this way, it is believed that a state of balance is obtained in all senses.
This technique does not cure the disease itself, instead acts deeply on the root of the problem, healing those emotions or behavior patterns that have originated the disease, regardless of the nature of the disease.
Reiki channels and transmits life energy
A reiki session can last approximately 30 to 45 minutes, although this will depend on your state or moment.
What are the supposed benefits of Reiki?
- Emotional: balances emotions to treat anxiety, sadness or aggression
- Mental: heals harmful habits, obsessive-compulsive behaviors and stress
- Physical: improves physical ailments
- Spiritual: provides peace and inner balance with nature
Since Reiki is not regulated in the West, it relies heavily on testimonies. Many people report leaving sessions feeling calm and balanced.
How to practice self Reiki on a step by step basis:
- If it is the first time that you are going to practice Reiki at home, the ideal is that you locate a quiet place in the house, it can be your room, on a sofa, on the floor (on a cushion or mat).
- Once you get to the comfortable and distraction-free place, adopt the lotus flower position, keeping your spine completely straight and take three slow, deep breaths.
- Bring your palms together just in front of your chest and mentally repeat "I ask for connection with universal energy." This is just an example, you can repeat the phrase in your own way or think of an intention before starting the self-treatment.
- While doing your Reiki treatment you can use Reiki music especially for this type of practice which last half an hour and every 3 minutes a bell rings to announce the change of position.
- After asking permission from the Reiki energy, start by placing your hands a few inches from the seventh chakra (crown chakra), imagining that your hands are a kind of magnet that brings all the energy of the universe to you.
- Wait for the music to indicate the change and very slowly move one hand and then the other until you move to the sixth chakra and so on until you reach the base chakra, located at the base of the spine or tailbone.
- At the end you can say a phrase of thanks, such as; "I appreciate the energy received, I close connection with the energy of the universe.
The 5 principles of Reiki that we can apply in our life
The principles of reiki can be applied to various situations in our lives. To keep our body, mind, and spirit aligned, let's see how to carry out this wonderful discipline.
1. Just for today do not be angry
Although sometimes it costs, it is important that we know that when we get angry, that discomfort only hurts ourselves. If faced with a problem, I can have the grace to take a few minutes to breathe, reflect, and think before reacting, we will have a great benefit in our quality of life and that of the beings that surround us. The key is in the ‘intention’: to recognize that a certain thing or person does us wrong, express it with love, transform it, and let it go. Nothing is magical, it is an everyday job. But we can do it.
2. Just for today don't worry
This principle invites us to connect with the present moment, with what we have today. He calls us to stop putting together imaginary worlds about "what is to come", or what is "going to happen." It is a great door to root in today, in the here and now. There is something very nice in that "Just for today" that is repeated in each beginning, and that has to do with this idea of living one day at a time; concentrating on small steps, which repeated over several days, can help us to be happier.
3. Just for today be kind and grateful
Because if we are kind to others, we will be being kind to ourselves. When one has a clean spirit, kindness flows through the pores. We can start with the simplest: a sweet look, kind words, smiles, thanking. It is about focusing on what we have (the least): health, the sun that comes through the window, the aroma of the coffee, the plate of food, the roof, our breath. Thanking is a great act of healing.
4. Just for today earn my living honestly
If we do it this way, we will be sending the Universe the coordinates to envelop us with divine energy and abundance. Besides that, we will be authentic with ourselves, and we will be able to shine: It would be ideal if we could all work from what we love. And if it is not possible, change the attitude: give the best of ourselves, so that our energy instead of weakening and vibrating in the complaint, gain confidence and personal power.
5. Just for today honor your teachers
This principle invites us to think about the idea that if we respect others we respect ourselves. Honoring our parents, teachers, and siblings help us celebrate our roots and thank those who have guided us here.