Infusing food with magick is an ancestral practice, cooking itself is an act of love. If you add that to a little bit of intention setting you have a recipe for love.
Though we modern witches are already getting ready for the pumpkin spice season and strawberry pie is not exactly a fall food, it is surely a good idea if you want to spice your romantic life up. Here's how to make the perfect pie for love and romance.
If you are new to this practice, here’s a beginner’s guide, but the general rule is that each ingredient has some magickal properties and you can use them as if you were creating a potion. Set the mood, concentrate on the food, and cook mindfully, now each time you add an ingredient you should say something like this “I add rosemary for abundance.” Visualize everyone eating the pie as relaxed, surrounded by love and positivity, and see yourself banishing negativity. Of course, use your intuitions, spellcasting is a personal practice, just do what feels right for you.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. Powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 cups of washed and cut Strawberries for love and romance
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- ½ tsp. Lemon zest
- ½ tsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- To make the crust place 2 cups all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, ¼ cup of butter and combine -you can use a food processor. Add an egg and some water if necessary to create a smooth dough. Let it rest for half an hour in the fridge while you make the filling.
- For the filling, mix strawberries, 1 ½ cup of sugar, a tablespoon of flour, zest and juice of lemon, a dash of cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Roll the dough into a disk and pour the filling into your chilled crust.
- Dot the top of the filling with the butter.
- Make an egg wash by whisking together the egg white and 1 tsp. water.
- Roll out the other disk of dough.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden.