It doesn’t matter if you are a fan of the saga or if you just want to surprise your guests this fall. This is how to prepare Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Tart for Halloween.
We are in the Halloween season and you can surprise your friends with a reference to one of the most famous magical sagas. This is how to recreate Harry Potter’s Pumpkin tart for Halloween.
At long last, when the last morsels of pumpkin tart had melted from the golden platters, Dumbledore gave the word that it was time for them all to go to bed, and they got their chance" (Prisoner of Azkaban 94).
Without further ado, here´s the recipe!
For the crust:
- A cup of flour
- A teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter or vegan butter
- An egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- Some vanilla
For the filling
- Half a cup of heavy cream
- 4 oz of chopped chocolate
- 1 ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- A tablespoon of cornstarch
- Pumpkin spice to taste
- Start by making the dough. Place the flour, salt, sugar in a food processor and combine, then add the butter in pieces and blend well. Then whisk the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla and add them to the dough. Knead into a ball and leave it to rest on the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Roll the dow into an 11” disk and place it in a pan and bake it for 20 minutes.
- Once it's cooked, place the chocolate and cream in the microwave and melt them in intervals until the mixture is smooth. Then pour the melted chocolate into the crust and let it set.
- In a pot, combine the pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin spice, cream and start cooking on medium heat, add the cornstarch and eggs and stir constantly until it has thickened. Leave it to cool at room temperature.
- Pour the filling into the tart and refrigerate until it is firm. You can add any topping you like.
Here are some other ideas for Halloween night!