I know it is a bit early for Halloween, but we witches like to have our Halloween party well planned. What would be better to honor your guests on such a special night than to prepare Harry Potter’s butterbeer?
Let’s face it, if you are fond of Magick, you must have grown up reading about “The Boy Who Lived”. What if I taught you how to prepare Harry Potter’s butterbeer for your Halloween dinner? Well, search no more because here you’ll find a super easy recipe to surprise all your guests.
Butterbeer is a term coined by J.K. Rowling which is actually based on a historical beverage dating back to the middle ages called Buttered Beere and it’s the oldest recorded instance of Butter Beer. You’ll find a video of how to prepare it below.
When it comes down to butterbeer in the Harry Potter universe, most have cream soda as the base and use butterscotch syrup, caramel syrup, heavy cream, vanilla extract, rum extract, melted butter, and butter.
Now, let’s get down to business, here’s what you need for your butterbeer!
- 1 bottle cream soda
- Butterscotch schnapps or butterscotch flavor syrup
- Whipped cream
- Butterscotch ice cream topping
1. Pour a small amount of your schnapps/syrup into or stein and add the cream soda.
2. Combine some whipped cream with butterscotch topping until the mixture is smooth.
3. Pour your cream soda over the schnapps/syrup, leaving at least 3/4" left at the top of the glass.
4. Place the whipped cream on top of the cream soda, and enjoy!!
Here are some ideas for your dinner!