Bananas, everyone’s favorite post-workout snack. But the banana is actually a very versatile fruit. And these 10 uses of banana peel will make you think twice before throwing it away!
If you think that banana peel has no uses, think again. If the zero-waste movement taught us something, is that you can ALWAYS fina another use for something we tend to just throw away. So here's 10 amazing uses of banana peel!
1. Placing a banana peel on closed eyes will reduce puffiness
2. You can use a banana peel as a moisturizer to hydrate skin
3. Rubbing the peel on scars may help them fade
4. Banana peel can help whiten your teeth
5. It will also help relieve itchy skin and mosquito bites
6. It can be used to polish silver
7. Banana peel tea can help you fall sleep
8. Blend it into a smoothie to take full advantage of the nutrients (if you decide to consume the peel, opt for organic)
9. Banana peel can be candied and eaten as a delicious snack
Extra tip: Banana is the only fruit that contains the amino acid tryptophan and vitamin B6, which together produce serotonin, which lifts your spirits and makes you feel good.
10. Remove a splinter painlessly. Just apply the peel on the affected area and leave for 30 minutes. The enzymes found in the peel will help the splinter move towards the surface.