Even when scientists say there is nothing confirmed in the natural products used to whiten skin, the truth is that many of them have been used for a long time. Read on to discover these natural products that can be beneficial for your skin
Let's have a look at 3 natural products that can actually lighten your skin and give you the healthy glow you are looking for.
Turmeric is said to help make skin more even because it helps inhibit excessive melanin production. However, this is a fact that has not been proven beyond anecdotical evidence. Despite this, a study published in Phytotherapy Research suggests that topical and ingested turmeric can modulate skin health and function.
It may help in the treatment and prevention of facial photo-aging, oral lichen planus, itching, psoriasis, acne, and other skin problems. If you decide to try it, make a mask with the spice powder and use it not more than a couple of nights a week.
How Do You Make a Turmeric Face Mask?
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder, one teaspoon apple cider vinegar, honey and milk or yogurt.
- Remove any makeup or impurities and apply the mask to your face using your fingers or a makeup brush, careful to avoid the eye area.
- Allow the mask to sit on your face for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with warm water
2. Natural yogurt
Another folk remedy that might be useful for slightly lightening the skin is natural yogurt. There is no evidence to support its supposed topical effects, but those who have tried it suggest that it may be beneficial for this purpose.
Several studies published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine point out that fermented products such as yogurt provide benefits to the skin, both when eaten and when used topically.
How do you make a yogurt mask to lighten your complexion?
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt in 1 tablespoon of orange juice.
- Apply the mixture over the skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
- For quick results, use this process 3 times a week.
3. Colloidal Oats
For many years, oats have been considered a good complement to skincare. As in previous cases, there is not enough evidence to claim that it decreases blemishes. However, in popular culture, it has been attributed this property.
In any case, according to a review in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, it is an ingredient with skin health benefits. It may even be useful for problems such as dryness. You can moisten it with milk and use it as a mask.
How to make your own oatmeal mask
- Mix one tablespoon of oat flour with two tablespoons of honey
- Add one tablespoon of milk to this mixture and apply to your face and neck.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Hope you try these masks at home and you enjoy them as much as I do!
You may also like this article!