Lavender is a wonderful plant that deserves a spot in everyone's household. A beautiful, powerful and pleasantly scented flower can provide many benefits for us! But, have you ever soaked your feet in lavender water?
This versatile purple flower can be used in teas, capsules, cosmetics, perfumes, oils and other topical inhalation products for anxiety and inflammation. The leaves and flowers are used fresh or dried in bakery products, jams, marinades and sauces. Lavender tea is quite popular as a mood enhancer, antidepressive and detox remedy –soak the flower in water for 10 minutes to make your own infusion! When ingested, It is a powerful antioxidant. On the other hand, when used topically, it is naturally antimicrobial and a gentle astringent so it makes perfect natural skin toner for use after cleansing. Now, what happens if you soak your feet in lavender?
This homemade lavender foot soak will soothe and soften your feet with simple ingredients you can find at home. It is a great idea to do it before going to bed, as lavender will help you relax and sleep. On the other hand, salts alleviate achy feet and help to exfoliate, they also reduce inflammation and speed up the healing of blisters or any cut you may have and lavender will provide an antibacterial effect. So without further ado, here is the how-to!
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- a spoonful of lavender essential oil
- Some dried lavender flowers
1. Pour the Epsom salt into a bowl and add the lavender essential oil and combine with the dried lavender flowers.
3. Fill a large container with warm to hot water; enough to cover your feet up to your ankles.
4. Pour the Epsom salt mixture into your basin with water.
5. Soak your feet for 20 to 45 minutes and enjoy your relaxing time!
I hope you have found this article interesting!
You may also like this article!