Did you know rice water can be used for hair? Yes, it is true. Discover the benefits of using this natural remedy
This best kept ancient secret has been used as a hair treatment for centuries by many women in China, Japan, and Southeast Asia. This tradition has its origin in a Chinese village called Huangluo, popularly known as the land of Rapunzels. All the women in this village used rice water to wash and nourish their hair and this place is in the Guinness Book Of World Records as the world’s longest hair village.
What is rice water?
Rice water is the water left over after rice is cooked or left to soak. Believe it or not, It is thought to make the hair smooth and shiny, as well as help it grow faster. So, now you know do not throw the water away!
Rice water contains many of the vitamins and minerals contained in rice:
- Amino acids
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin E
- A carbohydrate known as inositol
Benefits of using rice water for the hair
These are some of the benefits:
- Repairs damaged hair
- Makes hair stronger
- Helps hair grow long
- Increases the shine of it
How to use rice water
You can use rice water as a conditioner, following these steps:
- Take a mug of boiled rice water and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil
- Wash hair with shampoo as usual and rinse it
- Pour rice water onto their hair and gently massage it into the hair and scalp
- Let it work for about 20 minutes
- Rinse hair using warm water
Use it at least once a week to see the results in your hair