Aloe Vera has many incredible nutrients for our hair, skin, and body. You can boost its benefits by learning how to get the gel at home and which are the best ways to keep it fresh.
Aloe Vera is a well-known plant because of its many properties for our hair, skin, and body. Some of the nutrients that Aloe Vera provides are vitamins A, C, E, folic acid, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, and zinc, among others.
There are many recipes that include the Aloe Vera gel, where all the nutrients are. Do you know how to get it and how to preserve it? You can keep it fresh for several days.
Frozen Aloe Vera
This is a way in which you can keep Aloe Vera gel nutrients successfully because it is not combined with any other ingredients. You can store and prepare home remedies or masks. You only need an Aloe Vera leaf and an ice-cube tray. Steps to follow:
- Choose an Aloe Vera leaf.
- Remove the skin with a knife.
- Get a spoon and remove the gel. Then, place it in an ice-cube tray.
- Keep it in the fridge. It is ready to use whenever you want.
Aloe Vera preservation with Vitamin C
You can easily enhance the antioxidant and regenerative effects of Aloe Vera by adding some Vitamin C. This method is also useful to keep it for a month in your refrigerator.
- Cut the Aloe Vera stalk at the tip and the part of the thorns.
- Let it soak for 24 hours. Change the water twice. This will remove a resin called aloin.
- Get the gel from the leaf with a spoon.
- In a blender, mix the gel with a Vitamin C pill and a tablespoon of wheat germ oil.
- Place the mixture in a glass jar.
- Close the jar and keep it in the refrigerator.
Check out our articles about aloe vera here!
You may also like this article!