Prepare your own shampoo bars and enjoy its benefits for the environment and your hair!
To prepare your bar shampoo at home you need:
- 500 grams of Base Soap: you can use oatmeal, coconut, or glycerin. If you are gluten intolerant be sure to choose coconut or glycerin as an ingredient.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or shea butter.
- 1 teaspoon of castor oil (if you have fall problems or want to promote growth is ideal), or argan oil (if you have dry or brittle hair, it is the one for you).
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- 30 drops of grapefruit essential oil.
- 20 drops of orange essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
- Peel of an orange
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- Melt the base soap in a water bath.
- Add coconut oil or shea butter, castor or argan oil, and almond oil.
- Put out the fire
- Pour the drops of essential oils
- In a small bowl mix the very small chopped rosemary, the orange zest, and the sea salt, add it to the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a silicone mold, preferably spray it with alcohol before
- Let it rest for 15 minutes if you see bubbles forming, spray them with alcohol and mix inside the mold
- Put in the freezer another 15 minutes
- Let it rest for at least 12 hours and then wash your hair!
Tip: If you want to color it, buy a natural dye, and add a few drops during a water bath.