Rice water has been used for thousands of years but only in recent years has become mainstream. See why those who bather their hair in rice water recommend it.
There are scientific reasons why rice water is actually crucial to the vitality of your hair, and the miraculous ingredient is inositol. Inositol is a compound that can penetrate deep into the follicles of your hair to repair and protect your hair from damage. This is what a splash of rice water will do to your hair:
- It supports hair growth
- It improves the texture
- It brightens your color
- It strengthens your mane and makes your hair thicker and fuller
Recipe for rice water
Relax, you won’t need many ingredients, they might all be sitting in your pantry.
- A cup of rice
- A cup of water
- A plastic container
1. It is as simple as it gets. First, strain your rice to clean impurities.
2. Toss the rice into a bowl with a cup of water and let it sit until the water becomes cloudy.
3. Strain and set aside the water. With the rice, you can prepare a Delicious Veggie Vietnamese rice!
4. Keep your water in a plastic container for 12 or 24 hours at room temperature to let it ferment. Be careful not to let it sit for longer as it will go bad.
5. Store the water in the refrigerator and it will last for a week!
How to use rise water
You can move the solution into a spray bottle and apply it after shampoo and conditioning. Start with your scalp and work your way down –let it sit for 45 minutes and rinse. You can repeat it up to once a day, do not overload your hair as it will cause protein build-up.
You may also like this article!