Primer is a beauty product that has been on the market for many years, but not everyone knows what it is or what it is for. Let's see!
The primer never fails to prepare the skin as a canvas to unleash the imagination between eye shadows, 'contouring', highlighters, and other products and trends, and perhaps it is because it is the favorite of every influencer.
So what is primer?
Although its use is not mandatory, the reality is that the difference is significant. The primer hydrates and prepares the skin before using makeup. Whether we wear it depends on the result we expect with our makeup. Once you use it, you won't put it down.
Prepare the skin
The main function of the primer is to prepare the skin to achieve the best effect with our makeup. And this happens to minimize the size of the pores, hide imperfections such as pimples and scars and reduce shine, leaving the complexion soft, smooth, and matte.
Minimize pores and blemishes
Primers minimize the appearance of pores and blemishes and mattify the skin. Another function of the primer is to smooth the depth of wrinkles, which counteracts the most powerful shine on the skin, which eliminates redness and those that provide an extra luminosity.
Your makeup will look better
Primers perfect foundations and enhance the result of eyeshadows, eyeliners, pencils, and lipsticks. They make the shadows stay better and for longer and reduce bags and dark circles. The specific ones for lips have a fundamental function to soften them, which are usually filled with little skin.
How to use a makeup primer?
1. First, you will need to cleanse and hydrate your skin.
2. Then apply the primer on the face.
3. Apply a thin layer, with little product, that you will add little by little without overdoing it and according to the needs of the skin, and only where necessary, especially in the T zone, where the pore is more dilated and there is more shine, and around the eyes and lips, where there are more wrinkles.
4. Then, from this area that occupies the rest of the face, spread it with circular movements towards the ends, making it melt with the skin, unifying it.
5. Finally, you can re-highlight those areas with imperfections that you want to hide and that is still visible.
6. Then, once the primer dries, you will add the foundation.