Many things can cause our skin to age prematurely. Lifestyle choices as well as inadequate skincare or diet and pollution are all causes of untimely spots and wrinkles. Read on to find out what you can do to prevent it.
Taking care of your skin is important to help it look good and to protect it from aging as well. Some changes will inevitably happen over the years, and we should always embrace them. But if you're worried that your skin is looking worse than it should, you should take urgent steps to prevent the issue from getting worse.
Let's start with the obvious. Diet, good hydration and exercise all play an important role in skin aging. And while some things we can't escape from (like living in polluted cities and staring at a computer screen for hours), we can still take steps to prevent our skin from looking tired.
You should also take precautions such as avoiding unprotected exposure to the sun, air conditioning or heating, smoking and environmental pollution.
A balanced diet and lifestyle will be great allies for you to look healthy. Water and vitamins (such as A, B, C and E) should not be lacking in our diet.
The same goes for minerals such as selenium, zinc and iron. A balanced diet is enough to nourish the skin but sometimes a good supplements may be needed.
Then, there's skincare.
There are creams made with different components that try to fight the signs of time, achieving a hydrated, firm and smooth skin. The supplements of creams based on vitamins and minerals combine soy, vitamin C, lycopene, among others. Their objective is to rebuild the fibers that support the skin. These creams are indicated for people living in urban centers and with more than 30 years of age, when the skin begins to lose its elasticity and firmness. Sticking to a good skincare routine and using a moirtuiser that works for you are all steps in the right direction.
5 tips to follow
- Before buying anti-wrinkle cream, consult your dermatologist to check if there are certain chemicals you may be allergic to. Investing in the most expensive cream may not be the answer. Find what works for you.
- The eyelids, eye and lip contours are the most vulnerable areas. Double moisturizing is necessary, in the morning and at night, with specific creams for these areas. Gently tap the creams into the skin and avoid tugging it or pressing too hard.
- Masks are excellent for moisturizing and smoothing the skin. There are many varieties so find the ones you like most.
- A good supplement may help fill in any nutritional gaps.
- Learning a good face massage technique is very important. It will help with lymphatic drainage and lead to smoother and firmer skin.
The bottom line is that wrinkles are a natural part of ageing and have to be accepted. However, many lifestyle choices can accelerate skin ageing. In the end, it's all about looking the best for your age.