Tina is an award-winning columnist and beauty editor. Passionate about all aspects of makeup and skincare, she spends her days trying out new launches and researching the ever-changing world of beauty trends. Follow Tina’s articles and you’ll always stay updated on who’s who and what’s what of the beauty industry.+ info
Every type of skin needs its proper care and products. And when it comes to makeup, there is no exception. Learn how you can manage it to avoid unexpected results.
Applying makeup can be challenging and it can be even more difficult if you have oily skin. Here's what you must do to make the most out of your makeup.
- Prepare your skin. This step will make the makeup look better and last longer. You can use a gentle exfoliating product three times a week. Then hydrate your skin.
- Always use a primer. This will contribute to a long staying of the makeup. Make sure you apply it well especially in the areas that are more prone to produce oil. The best option is to choose one that is light, opaque, and oil-free. The same tip applies to the foundation. A good idea is to choose some water-based.
- Powder. Although they can easily enhance any look and makeup, when having oily skin, the best idea is not to apply it in excess. The powder can clog the pores and lead to a breakout.
- Paper. Having some blotting paper always at hand will help you lots. You can use them in case your skin becomes shiny. Do not rub it, just press it on the oily areas.
- Always remove makeup. At the end of your day, it is extremely vital to remove makeup. If you do not do it, your pores can clog and wreak a mess on your face.