No matter how hard you try to make up perfectly without staining your clothes, makeup spills and smudges just happened! It seems to be a real pain but with the appropriate tools, you can remove the stains from clothes. Learn how to do it
Here we share 4 solutions to get your makeup stain out of your clothes:
1) Makeup wipes
Yes! Makeup wipes are not only for your face but it also helps get makeup off your clothes. This is actually a trick that's been used backstage at fashion shows for many years. But it is a fact that makeup wipes are more effective when the stain is still fresh. So it is suggested that you should not wait until the stain is dry and instead try to remove it when fresh.
2) Rubbing alcohol
This is said to be particularly more effective at removing lipstick stains. Before using rubbing alcohol to remove makeup make sure the fabric color of your clothes does not change.
- Add a bit of rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball and press into a small and hidden piece of the garment. If the color of the clothes does not change then go on
- Soak a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol
- Rub it over the makeup stain
3) Shaving cream
- Apply shaving cream to the stained area
- Allow the shaving cream to sit there and soak in for a few minutes
- Rub in the shaving cream
- Rinse in cold water
- Go back in with more shaving cream
- Rinse in hot water
4) Baking soda
No rubbing alcohol in the house? Baking soda is another good option to remove makeup stains from clothing.
- Apply baking soda with a clean brush into the stain
- Brush until you cannot brush off any more makeup and clear the area