After a long session at the gym, you might have experienced the appearance of some pimples. Don’t worry, it happens more than often. Here’s how to deal with runner’s acne.
Acne is caused by the interaction of bacteria commonly found in the skin and the oil and sweat levels. Runner’s acne is a type of rash caused by clogged pores, hence you are more likely to experience it in areas prone to friction, heat, and sweating.
Anyone who exercises regularly can develop it, the areas affected are usually the ones that are obstructed by clothing: bra straps, tight clothing, watches, or waistbands.
How to avoid it
- Avoid wearing tight clothes that will block your pores and prevent sebum and sweat from escaping.
- Have a shower and put on clean clothes right after exercising.
- Remove all your gadgets as soon as you have finished doing exercise.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Do not wear makeup when you workout.
- Make sure you double clean your skin after doing exercise, this will clog your pores even more.
If you follow those instructions, you are going to be reducing the possibilities of being affected by runner’s acne.
Skin benefits of running
- Reduces stress levels, helps you sleep, and releases endorphins: essential for healthy skin!
- Increases blood circulation: this will increase oxygen and nutrients in skin cells, on top of increasing collagen –the elastic fibers in your skin.
- Removes toxins from skin.
So, go grab your SPF, water bottle, and your hat! Please avoid running at noon and don’t forget to have a shower afterward!
You may also like this article!