A trip to India was all it took for Victoria to realise that meditation is not a fancy word for sitting around in silence. It truly changed Victoria’s life to a less stressful and more mindful one. Now a freelance consultant and journalist, Victoria joined KOKO to share her knowledge on those little things that are life so much better, and cosier.+ info
They say that our face is our business card, and the appearance of breakouts immediately makes us feel self-conscious.
Acne can occur for many reasons, such as bacteria, exposure to pollutants, hormonal changes, excessive makeup use, poor cleansing routine, or excess oil on the skin.In this article we share some useful tips on how to prevent their appearance naturally.
- The first thing you should start by doing is cleansing your skin at least twice a day, so that you remove all types of makeup, bacteria, dirt and excess oil. Double cleansing (oil first, cleansing gel later) may not suit everyone but if you’re using just one products make sure you massage it into your skin for about a minute and then remove thoroughly with lukewarm water. And NEVER EVER sleep in your makeup.
- Apply a natural toner to your skin. Rose water and witch hazel can serve you as some of the best natural alternatives to facial toners. Witch hazel also works as an excellent astringent for the skin, helping to balance oil levels and dry blackheads and black spots.
- Facial steaming once a week. Steam helps to expand the pores, making them open and facilitating the removal of makeup and dirt. Just make sure you remove all makeup before the procedure and that the water you use it not too hot.
- It is the turn of the exfoliation, an essential step to remove dead skin cells and all kinds of dirt that may affect your skin. Make sure you do not use physical exfoliation, as scrubs are too tough on our face. Chemical is the way to go. Look out for AHA and BHA among the ingredients. These acids help dissolve impurities without physically harming your skin. There are plenty of option in stores. Otherwise, speak with a dermatologist if you wish to use something stronger. They will be able to advise accordingly.
- Moisturise. Pick a non-comedogenic moisturiser, as it won’t clog pores. Many products also come with mild acne treatments such as Salicylic acid or Benzoyl peroxide. But moisturising is KEY to prevent acne. It may seem as counterproductive but keeping your skin hydrated prevents it from drying out, which may cause breakouts.
After this relaxing beauty rituals, your skin will thank you, but you must keep in mind that in order for you to see results, you must commit to this routine.