Don't miss the opportunity to pamper yourself with these simple homemade masks that will help your hair look and feel its best. Perfect for a night in during the colder months.
We all want to have longer, thicker, and shinier hair. The good news is we don't need to spend a fortune to achieve it. Simple kitchen staples have long been used to aid hair growth, making your locks look and feel amazing. This is particularly important during the winter months, as our hair suffers from the cold weather, rain and snow, the wind, and the extra stress we all experience from waking up while it's still dark outside. Not to mention...the whole 2020 basically.
So today we give you three awesome recipes for homemade hair masks so you can properly pamper your hair on a relaxing night in.
1. Honey hair mask for boosting growth
We have previously spoken about how many benefits honey contains. Amongst its many properties, is its ability to influence hair growth and shine. Now combine it with onion and you won't believe the results. Onions have long been used to boost hair strength, mainly due to their high content of antioxidants.
- Place a container with two to three tablespoons of honey in a hot bowl of water to warm it up.
- Grate one onion, then stir it into the melted honey.
- Apply it to your scalp and leave on for an hour before rinsing with shampoo as usual.
2. Honey and cinnamon hair mask for extra length
Cinnamon is an anti-microbial spice is known to stimulate blood circulation and promote hair growth and strength. Mix it with the super hydrating coconut oil and your hair will thank you.
- Blend equal parts cinnamon and coconut oil.
- Apply the mask onto your roots and part, and massage into your scalp. Leave on for 30 to 45 minutes and rinse. Try to do this mask at least once a week.