Make this easy, inexpensive DIY face and body moisturizer. It’s the creamiest, dreamiest moisturizer you'll ever use!
This DIY face moisturizer can be used on BOTH face and body. It’s really the best natural moisturizer since it’s free from toxins and very versatile!
Yes, if you can believe it, three ingredients are all it takes to moisturize and soothe your skin (and honestly, you really only need coconut oil if you want to go really minimalist!).
This recipe will last for 6 months of twice-daily moisturizing and you can store it at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional: 20 drops essential oils
- Add all of the ingredients to a large glass bowl with high sides. You won't be able to mix them together yet, as they'll be solid.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer in a saucepan. Once water is simmering, add the glass bowl above, being careful to ensure no water gets into the bowl. Allow the butter and oils to melt, stirring occasionally to combine.
- Once the mixture is melted and combined, carefully remove the glass bowl from the water and pour the mixture in a glass jar. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, place in the refrigerator until it solidifies completely. Remove and store at room temperature.
- To use, apply a pea-sized amount of moisturizer to clean skin.