Massaging your hair with oils has several benefits. It is not only relaxing but also promotes your hair health. Learn here everything you need to know about the best oils for hair massages
How many times have you looked at your hair in the mirror and felt like there was nothing you could possibly do to make it look good, healthy, and shiny? Well, it's time to get to know hot oil treatments.
Before shampooing and after warming up the oil to a comfortable temperature, you can deposit the oil onto your scalp to stimulate blood flow and encourage hair growth, while also coating the strands to strengthen them and boost shine. It doesn't matter what your hair type is or how damaged it is, hot oil treatment is like an ER for your strands.
The best part? You don't have to run to a drugstore and get something special. As long as you have, let's say, coconut oil or olive oil around, you are on your way.
Benefits of a hot oil hair massage treatment
- Promotes hair growth
- Increases hair thickness
- Makes your hair shiner
- Nourishes hair tissues
- Reduces frizz
What are the best oils for your hair?
1) Coconut oil
Coconut oil is an excellent natural oil to treat hair since it has antimicrobial and antifungal properties, which help reduce and prevent dandruff. It penetrates easily the hair shafts, which is why this oil is able to reduce hair loss. Furthermore, it acts as a great moisturizer and boosts shine hair.
2) Avocado oil
Avocado oil is rich in fatty acids, amino acids, and vitamins A, D, E, and B6. These nutrients work to stimulate hair growth and moisturize the scalp.
3) Olive oil
The olive oil has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. So it is usually used as a hair conditioner. Animal studies suggest that oleuropein, a component of olive oil, could also stimulate hair growth. So it could work well in treating dry or damaged hair.
How to prepare hot oil for hair
- Pour a few tablespoons of the oil into a glass bowl.
- Fill the saucepan halfway up with water and place it on the stove.
- Place the glass bowl inside the saucepan and let the heat from the boiling water warm up the oil.
How to massage your hair with hot oil
- Brush your hair properly to remove all the knots and tangles
- Put a towel around your shoulders to protect your clothes from the oil stains.
- Dip your fingers into the hot oil and start massaging your scalp with your fingers in a gentle circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Once you have applied oil all over your scalp, you can apply the remaining bit to your hair.
- Let the oil sit in your hair for an hour and wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner as usual. You may need to use warm water first to thoroughly remove the oil.