The properties of coffee go beyond being a stimulating drink, becoming an object of desire for brands and cosmetic laboratories worldwide. Read on to find out more about the skincare properties of coffee.
Caffeine is the stimulant ingredient present in coffee. The same stimulating properties manifest when it comes to facial care. When coffee is applied to the skin, it penetrates its surface to improve circulation and leave the appearance of fresh, youthful skin.
The application of coffee on the face is done through all kinds of formulations. From creams, through moisturizing and firming treatments, to coffee masks to exfoliate the skin (without forgetting its effect as an anti-dark circles product) its applications in bath gels or hair shampoos. Large cosmetic firms have not been able to resist the benefits of coffee for the skin.
Recently published researches showed that coffee can also protect your skin against UVB sun rays. These are known and feared for their ability to cause skin diseases, like cancer. According to experts on this subject, caffeine actually inhibits the DNA damage response and protects the body.
The benefits of coffee for the face are numerous. Today we will analyze each of them, indicating how you should use coffee to obtain the best result as a facial treatment.
1 - Coffee helps reduce dark circles and bags under the eyes:
The caffeine contained in this drink promotes circulation, which is why it is a key ingredient in creams and beauty treatments.
Its ability to improve circulation makes it a key asset in reducing unsightly dark circles (and cellulite if you use it on the thighs). Coffee has antioxidant components that help reduce the puffiness of the bags under the eyes and their characteristic purple color. The result is none other than a more luminous and relaxed skin, with hardly any effort.
How to Apply Coffee to Reduce Dark Circles?
- Brew a pot of coffee.
- When the drink is cold, soak several cotton balls in coffee.
- Place two pieces of cotton over the eyes, and another two over the area where you have dark circles.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and repeat the same action again.
2 - Coffee as a Natural Skin Exfoliator to Remove Impurities from the Face:
Thanks to its granular texture, it is the perfect complement for facial massages. The exfoliating coffee applied directly to the face, not only revitalizes the skin but also nourishes it and gives it a contribution of softness and freshness. Exfoliating the face with coffee removes all those dead skin that dulls the natural luminosity of the face, achieving a rejuvenating effect that is obvious.
How to Use Coffee to Exfoliate the Face?
- You will need ground coffee applied directly to the face or mixed with yogurt and honey.
- Expand the mixture on the face by gently massaging in circles.
- As it is an exfoliating product, do this every 15 days.
- If you don't want to apply coffee grounds directly to your face, you will find coffee soaps on the market that are perfect for cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing the skin.
3 - Coffee smoothes your skin tone:
One of the latest trends in cosmetics are treatments that unify your skin tone, thus reducing sunspots on the face. Well, far from expensive creams, there are many women and professionals in the aesthetic sector who recommend the use of coffee for this. Its antioxidant properties not only protect us from the action of free radicals but also prevent premature aging of the skin. Thanks to the coffee and honey facial masks, it is possible to exfoliate the skin of the face, contributing, in turn, to achieve that whitening effect that we seek.
How to Make a Coffee Mask to Lighten the Skin?
- You will need a small spoonful of each of these products: already used coffee grounds, salt, honey, and brown sugar, plus an egg.
- After breaking the egg; include the rest of the ingredients and mix them well with a fork until a thick dough is created.
- Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding contact with your eyes and mouth.
- Leave the coffee mask on your face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your skin well with warm water and apply a moisturizer at the end to give your skin an extra dose of softness.
4 - The Anti-inflammatory Power of Coffee Helps Eliminate Acne:
Diet, stress, lack of skincare, or the accumulation of bacteria are just some of the most frequent causes of the appearance of the dreaded pimples in both adolescents and adults. Thanks to its function as an anti-inflammatory combined with its exfoliating power, coffee becomes an effective treatment for acne.
How to Use Coffee to Fight Acne?
- We recommend that you do the coffee mask indicated in point 3 once a week at most.
- Remember to always clean your skin with warm water at the end of the process.
- Moisturize your skin and introduce a greater intake of fruits and vegetables into your diet, in addition to exercising regularly.