Magnesium is a mineral that can help break down calcium deposits, support hair growth, and reduce inflammation. Using magnesium oil is a great choice to reap these benefits for our hair and scalp.
Magnesium is a mineral that is crucial for our body: it regulates blood pressure, builds strong bones, maintains healthy blood sugar levels, and supports heart health. That is why it is very important to include plenty of foods high in magnesium leafy greens and vegetables are excellent sources. But did you know it could actually improve your hair?
Magnesium oil is made with magnesium chloride flakes and water resulting in an oily liquid that isn’t actually an oil. it is easy to absorb and can raise levels of magnesium when applied topically.
Hair benefits of Magnesium oil
- Magnesium is paramount in helping your body create protein, which is essential for hair growth.
- It regulates calcium movement and breaks down calcium deposits in the hair follicles –which can eventually cause hair loss. Hard water is one of the main causes of calcium deposits forming in our hair follicles.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- It triggers hair growth and prevents hair loss, by increasing blood flow.
- it helps reduce dandruff as it breaks down the calcium salt deposits that dry out the scalp.
How to include it
If you are dealing with androgenic or female pattern alopecia you have to consult your dermatologist before including it in your hair routine.
It is a good idea to mix it with other soothing elements such as apple cider vinegar or tea tree oil and use it after a chelating shampoo. You can prepare it yourself!
- 1 cup of magnesium chloride flakes
- 1 cup of distilled or purified water
- A measuring cup
- A saucepan
- Glass spray bottle
- Boil the water to extend the shelf life of your oil.
- Pour the magnesium chloride flakes into a bowl
- Once the water has boiled pour it carefully over the flakes and stir until they dissolve.
- Let it cool and place it into the spray bottle.
It will last up to six months –just make sure it is kept in a dark and cool place.
You may also like this article!