Scalp massagers are trendy for a reason, experts say that a healthy scalp equals healthy hair. But as simple as it may sound, it might not be so easy to know how to use it.
Benefits of massaging your scalp
If you have ever experienced thinning hair, you might have been told to turn to scalp massages. Scalp massage is a technique that consists of using the fingers –or a scalp massager– to apply mild pressure in a circular motion to the scalp to stimulate muscles, blood vessels, and nerve endings. You can use some oils or no product at all, but the key of the massage is that the session should last at least 5 to 6 minutes a day –and you have to be consistent. It improves hair growth because it stimulates blood vessels, and by increasing blood circulation in the scalp, the follicles receive more nutrients and oxygen promoting faster hair growth.
A clarifying shampoo and scalp massagers are the perfect combination for a deep cleansing treatment that can get rid of dead skin cells, product buildup and grime that could clog your hair follicle and prevent it from growing. Here is how to use it!
- When you are in the shower, make sure you get your hair from the roots to the end.
- Squeeze the excess water and use some detox shampoo onto your hands or the scalp massager.
- Work the shampoo into all your scalp make sure you include the roots behind your ears and the back of your head and neck.
- Use the de massager to work the shampoo into your scalp and strands.
- Let the product sit for one or three minutes and rinse.
- Condition and enjoy!
You may also like this article!