Not removing makeup is one of the biggest mistakes you can make, always with negative consequences for the health of your skin. Let’s discover how to clean your face with these natural homemade products.
Bacteria accumulate during the day on your skin and leaving it overnight has negative consequences. Do you know how to prepare your natural makeup remover?
The skin regeneration process takes place while you sleep. If you don't properly remove makeup residue, chemicals, and foundation, your pores won't be able to breathe properly. As a consequence, blackheads, acne, and spots can appear on the skin.
Keep in mind that sleeping with the mascara on will weaken and dry your eyelashes, making them more prone to breakage.
These are the 4 reasons why you should always cleanse your skin before bed
1. To remove dirt and debris
This isn't something you didn't know, but we might as well point it out, just in case. Throughout the day, the surface of the skin builds up dead skin cells, oil, bacteria, sweat, and other debris. There is also microscopic soot in the air called particulate pollution that settles on the skin during the day that can be damaging. Do you really want to go to sleep with all of that on your face?
2. Cleansing the face properly before bed gets the “canvas” ready for your nighttime routine
After a gentle face wash, you should follow with a moisturizer —keep in mind that nighttime is the best time to use active ingredients like retinol, or antioxidants. While sleeping, the products can work uninterrupted by the sun, wind, makeup application, or other disturbances as we move through our busy day.
3. Removing eye make up is not (or should not) be optional
Your eyes are sensitive, and as such, you should be extra careful. Not only that but also your eyelashes and eyelids are full of glands that can easily clog and inflame. No one wants to wake up with swollen eyes! Before bed, it should be mandatory to make sure you remove all traces of makeup in your eyes. This is, to stress it a bit more, the bare minimum you should be doing for your skin.
4. A night cleanse is a way of treating your skin
There are several types of face washes that are medicated, so it’s a quick way to treat the skin. Some washes can treat acne, some others can tighten your skin, there are a lot of options around. So even if you don't have a nightly routine, you could start with this simple step!
We offer you recipes with different ingredients to create your own homemade makeup remover, just in case you run out of it or simply want to make your own at home.
Homemade facial cleansers
1. Natural yogurt: easy, simple, and natural
You can make an incredible and natural cleanser with yogurt and it is good for any type of skin. Yogurt contains protein and lactic acid, which together help detoxify skin: it helps you get rid of dead cells and it also fights impurities while it hydrates the skin. In addition to removing makeup, it will help exfoliate your skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey.
- You can add optionally a squeeze of lemon
- Apply it to your face and let it work for about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove with a soft, damp washcloth.
2. Olive oil
Many experts advise using this natural face cleanser and moisturizer to nourish and soften skin, while it eliminates makeup and impurities But that is not all. Due to its antioxidants and good fats, olive oil can help reduce free radicals to relieve irritated or sunburned skin.
Just a few drops on the forehead and cheekbones are enough.
- Spread it with gentle massages and let it act for a few minutes
- Then remove the excess oil with a cotton ball
- Rinse your face with mild soap and warm water
Research stated that the nutrients found in grapes can protect the skin from harmful UV radiation. Apart from being nice cleansers, grapes also have vitamin C, which is said to help form collagen, leading to better skin elasticity.
- Combine 1 egg white with 6 or 7 grapes in a blender,
- Blend everything and once the mixture becomes frothy, use a facial brush to apply the mask to your face and neck
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse your face
- Finish with a moisturizer
4. Honey and lemon
Honey and lemon are a perfect combination for a natural face cleanser. Honey is rich in hydrating compounds and has antibacterial and antioxidant properties. As a result, honey has been said to slow down the skin’s aging process, remove dead skin, and cleanses impurities and prevent acne. Moreover, lemon juice contains vitamin C, which is a great antioxidant.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of honey with the juice from half a lemon
- Apply it on the areas you want to remove make-up, let it act for a few minutes, and remove it with a damp cloth
- Rinse your face with warm water
You may also like this article!