Cellulite is one of the women's biggest problems these days. Learn how to prevent it with these natural tips!
Cellulite is a type of bacterial infection that can quickly become serious. It affects your skin, causing inflammation, redness, and pain.
This type of infection occurs when bacteria enter your body through broken skin. It can affect any part of the body, but it’s most common on the lower legs. This is because the lower legs tend to be most susceptible to scrapes and cuts.
If you want to treat your cellulitis in a natural way with no antibiotics follow these food tips:
What to avoid
- White sugar, sweets, cookies, and white flour.
- Preservatives and additives.
- Coffee and sodas.
- Excess of salt.
What to choose
- Water (at least 2 liters per day)
- Wheat cereals, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ and pumpkin seeds
- Chicken, fish, eggs, legumes and sunflower seeds
- Green vegetables, natural juices and proteins such as sea fish, chicken, egg whites and tofu.
- Almonds, nuts, hazelnuts, figs, dates, wheat cereals and organic soy.
Also, there are several things you can do to at home that will help to reduce your cellulite:
1- Coffee Scrub
You will need:
- 1/4 cup coffee grounds
- 3 TBS sugar or brown sugar
- 2-3 TBS of melted coconut oil
Combine the ingredients to create a paste-like consistency. Store in a glass jar.
Massage into skin for several minutes using firm pressure and wash as usual. Use 2-3 times a week. Results should be visible within a couple of weeks.
The massage and exfoliation benefits skin by stimulating blood/lymph flow and the caffeine in the coffee has a tightening effect.
2- Dry Brushing
Dry skin brushing effectively opens up the pores on your skin. This is something you can — and should — be doing daily, even twice a day. Your skin should be dry, so the ideal time is in the shower before you turn on the water. Just a reminder, don’t get the brush wet.
3- Moisturize Naturally
Start using natural options for skincare and moisturizing. Simple coconut oil will work as an all-purpose moisturizer.
Constantly adding toxins back to the skin in the form of chemical-laden beauty products won't help to stop your cellulite.