Banana is one of the most popular fruits, and it also has many beneficial properties for our body. But eating it is not the only way in which we can take advantage of all its nutrients. Learn how you can apply banana masks on your face and give a glowing boost to your skin.
Bananas have traditionally been appreciated because they are a great source of potassium, but this fruit has many more nutrients besides potassium. Minerals such as magnesium, folic acid, and astringent substances can also be found in its composition, apart from beta-carotene, vitamins of group B and C, and traces of vitamin E.
Did you know that you can profit from its nutrients not only by consuming bananas? Yes! Apart from being super nutritious to eat as it is a great source of potassium and fiber, bananas provide an effective remedy for dermatologic issues.
- When used topically, bananas can help increase collagen production –proteins that keep the skin plump and smooth–, because one of its components is silica, a relative of silicone. By doing so it reduces the occurrence of wrinkles and fine lines.
- They are also rich in antioxidants, therefore they help protect your skin against free radical damage.
- Other nutrients such as potassium, vitamin B-6, C and A, help hydrate skin and prevent sun damage.
- Bananas help acne by reducing inflammation in the skin and they also contain antimicrobials to treat acne lesions.
Try to stick to ripe bananas as they will provide better results.
Banana facial mask against acne and blackheads
- A banana
- A tablespoon of honey
- Lemon juice (2,5 ml.)
- Mash the bananas until you achieve a puree and add the honey.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on your face and let it work for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask with warm water.
Banana facial mask to brighten the face
- A banana
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ¼ of yogurt
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply it to your face and let it work for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Along with good skincare habits, including a banana face mask, a few times per week may help the overall health of your skin, help you achieve a glowy effect, and smooth out fine lines.
Hope this article was useful! Check out our natural and DIY face mask articles here!