Chickpeas are my absolute favorite plant-based protein, they are super versatile and if you have a can at hand, they make the perfect staple for many recipes. This vegan salad is all you need to stock up on proteins.
Chickpeas are great as snacks, and have lots of health benefits, on top of that, they are a good source of proteins, in fact, a cup of chickpeas provides about 14.5 grams of protein.
This is the vegan salad you need to stock up on proteins
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed (don't throw away the water, you can use it for many recipes)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped or cut in stripes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add some fresh red, yellow and green peppers
For the dressing:
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
Cut all the vegetables and place them in a bowl.
- Add in the chickpeas, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and add fresh oregano if you want to.
- When you are ready to eat, pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy!