What if you could have a perfect dinner that is low carbs, vegan and super taste? Here’s a super easy and quick recipe to prepare regularly at home!
If you are trying to cut down on carbs, but you are finding it difficult here is one super simple recipe you can include in your weekly meals. It is super tasty, quick to make and you don’t need many ingredients! Curries are a great option if you want to reduce some calories but you still want to keep your meals high in flavor!
Ingredients (Servings 4)
- 2 tbsp coconut or rapeseed oil
- 1 medium eggplant cut into cubes
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 350g butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp of curry powder
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 100g cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 large pepper, chopped
- 20g fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 280g firm, or extra-firm tofu, drained, cut into roughly 2cm cubes
- In a large pan with one tablespoon of oil stir-fry the eggplant until is golden and set it aside in a bowl.
- In medium heat add another tablespoon of oil, and sauté the onion and squash for 5 minutes, then add the curry powder and cook for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk and half the nuts, the pepper and ½ cup of water. Season to taste with salt and grown black pepper. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 10 minutes –stir now and then so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Toss the eggplant and half the coriander and return to a simmer. Add the tofu cubes, cover and let it cook for 5 additional minutes –if you see the curry has reduced too much, add a little bit of water.
- Serve with the remaining coriander and cashew nuts and rice or cauliflower rice.
You may also like this article!