Tofu is one of my kitchen staples, it is super versatile, tasty and it's very easy to prepare. If you have an air fryer you got the perfect recipe for success! This is how to cook crispy tofu in an air fryer!
We have already discussed the myths and facts about tofu, and some might even argue that tofu is bad for your health, I personally choose to eat tofu, because it is easy to prepare, it is tasty and I accept the risks.
This is the one recipe I prepare at least once a week because it only takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake, on top of that it's vegan and gluten-free! Without further ado, here's what you'll need:
How to cook crispy tofu in an air fryer
- 1 block of firm tofu
- ½ cup cornstarch
- paprika, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 spoonfuls of mustard
- Start by cutting the block of tofu into cubes or rectangles, you choose.
- In a medium bowl mix the mustard, soy sauce, pepper, and paprika and toss the cubes inside.
- Make sure to shake the bowl so they are covered with the batter.
- In another bowl prepare the cornstarch and transfer the cubes to coat them.
- Spray some oil on the cubes and let it cook in the air fryer for about 15 minutes and voilá! they are ready to enjoy!