Chiromancy or palmistry has been practiced for at least 2500 years. All to know to start reading your palms!
A little bit of history
Palmistry is thought to have begun as a practice in Ancient India and to have reached China, Tibet, Egypt, Persia and Greece. Aristotle stated about chiromancy in this History of Animals as far as 2500 years ago that
Lines are not written into the human hand without reason.”
During medieval times its popularity decreased, as it was classified as a forbidden art, only to be resumed in the 19th century with occultism’s revival.
What is palmistry?
The fundamentals of chiromancy state that by analyzing the features of the hands you can arrive at an interpretation regarding your personality and future events, just as astrology does by reading the stars.
Where to start
Although opinions may vary, it is said that the non-dominant hand will tell the characteristics you were born with, and the dominant one will reveal how your personality traits might have changed during your life.
The four elements
To begin with, you must look at your hand and decide what hand shape is associated with yours, as it will tell you what elements you can associate it with. To tell the proportion of your fingers and hand, you can take your middle finger as the measure –i.e.: if your middle finger is longer or shorter than your palm.
Earth hands are generally characterized by square palms and short fingers and relatively proportional to the palm. If you have this type of hand you are probably practical, logical and earth-bound. The good news is that earth individuals are reliable and secure, they tend to be too consumed with their realities and struggle with long-term planning.
Fire hands have rectangular palms and very short fingers and tend to be warm people, though they seem not to be able to stay still and might become too anxious. They are passionate and confident.
Air hands have long fingers with more of a square palm and tend to be intellectual, adaptable and curious people. They are also very good at communicating and have analytical abilities.
Water hands have a rectangular palm and long fingers. People with this type of hands are emotional, intuitive, imaginative and creative.
It is located in the center of your palm –between your heart and life line– and it tells us what are the lessons we’ve been born to learn in our life.
- Depth: How deep or shallow it is will be directly linked to the depth and complexity of the person’s intellectual pursuits.
- A short line ending near the center of your palm means that you’re a fast thinker who reaches conclusions.
- A long, straight line extending across the palm, toward the pinkie could mean that you often find yourself overanalyzing before coming to a decision.
- A line that splits in two reveals that you are sensitive to others, you can easily see someone else’s perspective and you might often change your mind.
- A long, curved line means that you are a creative person.
It is the line above the head line. It rules the love matters: romance, sexuality and commitment.
- If it begins below the index finger you might find yourself happy in love.
- If it begins below the middle finger you might find it difficult to have a happy relationship.
- A long straight line ending below your index finger reveals that you are a person that is considerate towards other’s feelings.
- A short straight line ending in the middle of the middle and index fingers you are a free spirit and you show love with actions, not words.
- A long curved line means that you are driven by passion and desire.
- A short curved line means that you are a quiet person that is more comfortable with small groups.
- If there are x at the outer palm you might have experienced betrayal.
Is the line you can find below the head line.
- A long line starting at the ball of the thumb and ending at the base of your hand could mean that people count on you and you tend to stay strong during stormy times.
- A short line that ends at the center of the palm could mean that you try to keep busy to feel safe when things go wrong.
- A faint line means that you have to take time to relax.
- Each break in your life line represents a traumatic experience that had a big impact on you.
The fate line is placed vertically at the center of your palm and it will tell us how our lives will be influenced by circumstances beyond our reach. It is often believed to change a lot during our lifetime.
You may also like these articles!