All alternative therapists agree that the moon has incredible powers: it rules over the subconscious and intuitive aspects of the self and if we align ourselves with the Moon we tap into an amazing energy flow. You can do it by making Moon water!
Moon water is a way of reaping all the benefits of the energy of one of the two biggest sources of light on the planet. And the good thing is that it is super simple to make!
To create moon water you will need:
- A jar or bottle –it should be transparent and it is much better if it is made out of glass or crystal.
- Water –tap water, bottled water or any other water that is safe to drink.
- Your crystals of choice, I like using amethyst and quartz.
- Herbs –rosemary, for protection; lavender, for relaxation or sweetgrass, for positive energies.
- A fire-proof container to smudge your herbs.
- An intention to focus on.
You can do without all the ingredients but the jar and the water.
Moon water is generally charged under the full moon because the energy is the strongest, however, you can choose to do it anytime you like –just make sure not to perform your spell during an eclipse because the eclipse overpowers the energy of the moon.
- Begin by cleansing your jar with some smoke from your herbs and add the crystals to your jar.
- Add water and close the lid.
- Place your jar somewhere where it can absorb the Moon’s energy. If you live in an apartment, you can leave your container next to the window.
- Focus on your intention.
- Leave it overnight and voilá your Moon water!
Uses for moon water
- As a cleansing tool: use it to wash your face, add some to your bathtub, cleanse your floor.
- Dip your brushes in moon water for an extra boost of creativity.
- Water your plants.
- Drink some of it.
- Create a simmering potpourri with some moon water.
- Now that you know making moon water is super simple, feel free to get creative!
You may also like these articles!