Once you cook this recipe, you will prepare it many times! Its flavor is unique and delicious. It's a very healthy pie. You can do it to impress your friends and no one will notice it's vegan. Take a look!
The origin of pumpkin is uncertain, although some people claim that it was originated in ancient Babylon. Depending on the country where they are planted, their size and flavor vary.
According to the story, the pumpkin pie was born in 1600 in North America. The settlers cut the upper part of the pumpkin, removed the seeds and filled them with milk, honey and then cooked them on hot ashes. That's when all started. Nowadays, there exist many types of recipes with pumpkin, whether they are sweet or salad.
What makes this vegan recipe healthy is that pumpkin has large amounts of vitamins and minerals, including beta-carotene, which gives it its orange color. It can regulate the level of glucose in the blood and it is a great ally against hypertension.
- 1 1/2 cups of white flour.
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of vegan butter
- 4 tbsp of ice water
- Salt (to taste)
- Refrigerate and make sure vegan butter is really cold. This is very important.
- To make the pie crust first whisk the flour and sugar with the salt in a bowl.
- Then add the vegan butter. Stir well.
- Slowly add the ice water to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Mix with your hands until you get a smooth dough.
- Sprinkle the counter with flour and roll out the dough with a stick until you get the desired size
- Transfer the dough to a baking dish and set it.
- 150ml of coconut milk
- 550 g of chopped pumpkin
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- Nutmeg powder (to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- First, you have to cook and prepare the pumpkin. Cut it into small pieces and boil, at least for ten minutes. Then drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- In a blender mix the coconut milk with the pumpkin pieces and the rest of the ingredients. Blend gradually, increasing the speed until you get a well-combined puree.
- Pour the pumpkin puree into the dough mould and bake for 25 minutes to 180° C.