The Atlantic diet is based on fish and vegetables. It is a healthy and balanced diet to keep fit.
This diet is based on the consumption of fish and vegetables. This diet has a very special characteristic, since it not only gives importance to the foods that you eat, but also to the way they are prepared and consumed.
This diet includes foods such as:
- Vegetables, fruits, cereals, potatoes y nuts.
- Seasonal food, fresh and minimally processed foods.
- Fresh, frozen, or canned fish and seafood.
- Milk and dairy products, especially cheese.
- Wine, normally with meals, and in moderate quantities.
- Olive oil for seasoning and cooking.
Without too many condiments or dressings. In order to follow this diet, one must always look for simplicity in the preparation of the food, to maintain the nutritional value of each food.
The Atlantic diet is believed to have been loosely based on the Mediterranean diet, but promoting a higher consumption of fish and seafood. It is overall a quite healthy diet, with seasonal and minimally processed foods with high antioxidant content and healthy fats. All of which may lead to reduced cholesterol levels and improved heart health.