Including broccoli in your diet has many benefits. For example, it strengthens the immune system, helps control blood pressure. It has been discovered that it has anti-cancer properties.
Broccoli is highly recommended during pregnancy because of the endless number of benefits that make this vegetable indispensable on our table.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 broccoli
- 1 red pepper
- 3 cups of chickpea
- a pinch of paprika
- a pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp of Almond
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 3 cups of white rice
- 1 cup of brewer's yeast
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Paste (Tahini)
- 1 tbsp of red wine
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- a pinch of mustard seeds
- 4 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 3 cups of soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 190 ºC.
- Add garlic, paprika, brewer's yeast, tahini, red wine, lemon juice, mustard seeds, cornstarch, onion powder, and soy milk in a blender or food processor. Mix until obtaining a smooth creamy sauce and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the broccoli for about 3-4 minutes.
- Separately, add onion, bell pepper, and celery in a large skillet, and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring every so often. Add the chickpeas, thyme, rice, and broccoli to the pan and, after a few minutes, add the previously made sauce.
- Cook until hot, about five minutes, and add salt and pepper.
- Pour everything on a baking sheet, and if you want, sprinkle some coarsely chopped almonds on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve very hot.